What should I do if my student is struggling academically?
1. Talk to your student. Find out what they are struggling with and what steps they have taken to get help.
2. Talk with the teacher. Is your student struggling with tests, quizzes, homework completion, and/or behavior? Ask about opportunities for extra help with the teacher. Some teachers will arrange time to work with students during lunch or before/after school.
3. Talk to your child's grade level counselor about school programs for homework help or tutoring. Permission slips are available on this web page.
4. Monitor your student's progress regularly through parent portal.
5. Provide rewards for achievements.